Friday, May 8, 2009

ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

A lot has happened.
I moved into my apartment. I now own the first actual key I have ever had in my entire life. It’s more powerful than it sounds.
I got demoted at work. Well, kind of. I get to keep my raise, but I’m moving back to service desk. I’ll be working 230-11 Sunday through Thursday. In other words, I make more money while basically keeping my old job and having a set schedule. I’m mad crazy excited.
Some people kind of convinced me that one of my best friends likes me. Hahaha awkwarddddd. But I love that kid to death. And I kind of liked him for a while there too, and I thought I was over it, but now that they’ve put this idea in my head, it’s back in full swing. Oh, the power of suggestion. Haha I wish people would just tell each other how they feel. Always.
My phone finally gave up on life. I never realized how dependent on my phone I was. It’s retarded. So add that and the fact that I don’t have internet in my apartment yet, and you get yuckkkk. Life is so much more difficult without communication.
I talked to my mom for the first time in like a month and my dad for the first time since winter break. So that’s… fun…
And finally, I’ve had to try to help a friend deal with one of the most terrible things anybody can ever go through. And I’m really, really trying to help, but I feel like there’s not much I can do. All I want to do is knock some skulls. But I don’t think that’s really going to fix the situation. I wish I knew what more to say to her. I feel like a broken record trying to make her feel better. But I don’t know what else to do…all I can do is be there for her I guess. I just wish I could fix it.

Hm. I think that’s about it.
I guess “a lot” for me really means “shut the fuck up about your stupid life, Caitlin. Jesus.” haha

I’ve had some legit serious conversations with another friend lately, and I’m SO GLAD for it. He never tells me anything. And I know he needs to unload some of this shit onto somebody, and I feel like he really has nobody to talk to. I could be wrong, but whatever. I’m glad he opened up, even if it was for just a hot second.
On a semi-related note, I don’t know why anybody would want to be in love. I mean yeah, I guess just the pure feeling of being love would be great. But then you bring in human nature and drama and relationships and yada yada and shit gets complicated. I think I’d rather just live my life. Have good friends. Just BE, and not have to worry about when it’s going to end.
People are moving away soon, and I don’t know what I’m going to do without them. I hate losing people :[
Over the past few weeks, I’ve realized how little people tell their friends, family, whoever, that they appreciate them. That they love them. That they need them. So if you’re reading this, just know that I love you and I’m glad to have you in my life. Even if you think you’re not that important to me, you probably are. I appreciate everything you are to me :]

2 comments:

  1. Love is a weird fuckin' thing man. I don't think I get it. And yet here I am...looking for an apartment with him and talking about marriage. Crazy shit.
    And I'm glad you like my pictures :-) I was really surprised haha. They were all taken in the school parking lot during photo because I had nothing else to do lol. I didn't actually think anyone would like them. so thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwww you and adam are cute :]

    ReplyDelete